In celebration of this award, here are 7 things that you may not know about me...
(2) I've seen Skyfall in theatres 4 times! I don't think I've ever seen a movie in theatres that many times (3 is usually my max, and very rarely). I hated it the first time I saw it, liked it a little better the second time, fell in love with it the third time, and by my fourth viewing, I was reciting the lines before the characters even said them...
(3) In addition to being a writer, I'm also a pretty good speaker. I've been in Toastmasters for about three years now and I'm always working hard at the art of public speaking. I even presented a workshop on the Art of Storytelling!
(4) I've become a minimalist. So almost ALL of the stuff that I loaded up on from IKEA when I first moved into my apartment is now gone. I appreciate open spaces, clean walls, and simplicity more than anything.
(5) I'm an obsessive compulsive dishwasher. I can't stand having dirty dishes in the sink for more than a few hours. I don't know, there's something about dishwashing that's kind of... cathartic!
(6) This summer, I was this close to getting a marketing gig in China (Beijing, to be specific). So this post would have been written in Mandarin and my next book would have been about a dystopian civilization that lives in the smog!
(7) I went about 8 years when I didn't dream. All those years in university and my first few years in the working world really did a number on my quality of sleep! But I've become better at respecting sleep, and have become an avid dreamer once again :)
I will spare anyone from being nominated this time, BUT if you'd like to join in, just plop that award pic at the top of a post and tell me 7 interesting things about you. Let's hear it!